Saturday, September 1, 2018

His Grandmother Was A Wrestling Pioneer

In Samoan culture, we have a really special dance referred to as the "Taualuga" wherever the girl dances and she's honored by the boys UN agency dance round her out of affection and nice respect. On my grandmother's eightieth birthday she danced her Taualuga whereas I with pride danced around her whereas she laughed and beamed proudly.
She had the best eightieth birthday and her smile was from ear to ear. My grannie, Lia Maivia was a powerful willed, extremely revered and hard pioneer within the world of professional wrestling, turning into wrestling's initial fortunate feminine promoter. however, after we hit difficulty and were evicted from our lodging, shortly afterward my grannie became homeless. after I finally may afford it, I bought her an area of her terribly own that she dear. I'd continually raise her afterward, "Grandma area unit you happy?".To that she'd decision American state by my Samoan name and say, "Tuife'ai I'm thus happy.. thank you... OH, and may you please sing that song I favor.." Ha! I might begin singin' away (off key of course) and she'd laugh and smile from ear to ear. many months once this image was taken, my grandmother passed on to the great beyond peacefully in her sleep. I do know we have a tendency to all expertise loss and it is so robust to deal with… except for the remainder of my life, I will be grateful for the one in all sort lessons solely our grandparents will teach the USA. Miss you grandmother and that I hope you hear American state cause I am still quietly singin' away to you (off key of course:)… Misiga tele 'or grandmother, alofa tele atu mo 'oe.

No comments:

Post a Comment